The Den Kit have been making shelter-building kits for children since 2006 (before they were even a ‘thing’) - and as a result, they are producing some rather expert kits! They provide robust, authentic components that both challenge and excite young minds and bodies. Versatile and non-prescribed construction - meaning there’s no wrong way, but a whole load of right ways to build it.
We love the fact they carefully and ethically source components that last.
No single-use plastic.
No ‘pretend’ tools.
Just peace of mind to parents, and our planet.
The original den kit is authentic, real, pukka, bona fide, truly Original Den Kit.
Created especially for the inventive, creative, imaginative, ingenious, truly original you.
Whats in the kit?
- A hefty haversack made from cotton webbing that can be washed in the machine. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- A tough camouflage tarpaulin - waterproof as well as rot resistant. Approx size 2.4 x 1.8m.
- A durable groundsheet - waterproof and rot resistant. It has eyelets too, so can double up as another tarpaulin. Approx size 1.8 x 1.2 m.
- A beautiful, unique and functional wooden mallet fashioned from coppiced wood and complete with bark - made by us here in Shropshire.
- Sip a warming drink in traditional camping style with an iconic, branded enamelware mug.
- Ensure you don’t lose your tent pegs by keeping them in a useful drawstring, cotton tent peg bag.
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown - washable, cruelty-free and made here in the UK.
- 10 metres of strong, natural jute rope.
- 8 holdfast steel tent pegs; made in the UK.
- Helpful tips and den-building inspiration on a handy, saveable sheet.
- Weight 2KG